Sharing videos on Facebook – when it’s done right, it can be one of the most effective parts of your distribution plan.
- First, actually upload your video to Facebook. I know it’s tempting to just share a link, but it’s just not as effective. Native videos auto-play as people scroll through their feeds, and they have an almost 500% higher share rate than YouTube links.
- Catch people’s attention in the first 5 seconds. Seriously, we’re goldfish people. Make your audience focus by adding custom thumbnails and writing Facebook-specific copy.
- Give context to Facebook’s algorithms by adding captions to your video. I know it’s annoying, but captions do double duty, letting people who aren’t listening with sound follow along.
- Keep your content short, to the point, and shareable. Calls to action are key!
- Lastly, keep an eye on your Facebook Insights so you can make better decisions with future video, and use ad dollars to boost your most engaging content.
On that note – go forth and conquer.